Our Investment Philosophy
Our approach integrates sustainability into endowment-style investing.
Leading US university endowments pioneered the “endowment model” with great success. We aim to emulate their key investment edges, including:
- A long-term horizon. We partner exclusively with families, entrepreneurs and not-for-profits who share our long-term horizon.
- A single-minded focus on asset allocation and manager selection.
- A superior network to source independent, highly specialised and difficult-to-access managers with aligned interests.
- A moderate pool of assets to preserve the integrity of a niche manager implementation.
We also promote better environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) outcomes:
- We believe that promoting sustainability creates financial value, boosting investment returns.
- As responsible long-term shareholders, we view it as our duty to help our managers improve the E, S and G practices of their portfolio companies.
- We conduct innovative in-house research at international scientific standards to help address the lack of sustainable investment tools.
- We fund managers with best ESG practices as an incremental lever to promote sustainability.